9 Days / 7 Nights
Average / Day
85 Km – 50 Miles
15/08/2020 – 22/08/2020
DoloMítica ® is back, The Noncompetitive cycling week that Terra Bike Tours have been organising since 2008. This time with new routes, new climbs to discover in the Dolomites area and in the Italian Alps and a super special last day that will include Passo Stelvio climb when the legendary road is closed to motorised traffic.
We designed this biking trip to ride wherever we have never been before, to be back and enjoy the climbs that we already conquered but that their beauty continue to capture us year after year, and climbs like STELVIO that this year we ride during Stelvio Bike day, when the roads belong to cyclists only.
The Bike and luggage transfers from Barcelona to Milan and back are included.
We recommend to fly to Milan Malpensa to avoid the long road journey to Milan.
Whoever will be interested to travel with the organization, please consult prices.
Following you can see the profiles of all stages and in the itinerary description you can find more details about each days route.
Arrival to Milan Malpensa
Meet us in the afternoon for Group gathering in the Hotel Milan Malpensa.
08/27/18. La più facile. 75km 1545m.
Ride Stage to Agordo
Early morning Car transfer from Milan Malpensa Hotel to the begging of our ride. The Dolomitica adventure will start with the climb to San Boldo pass, a very different climb where each switchback has an independent small tunnel.
Riding through the valley, we will connect with Forcella Aurine pass, the first challenging climb in this adventure
08/28/18. La Più Dura 98km 3324m
Agordo to Alleghe stage
After a first easy stage, now that we are adapted to the Alps, it is time to enjoy a pure Giro de Italia style stage, a hard but beautiful ride where we will collect 4 passes:Duran, Staulanza, Giau, Falzarego. Arriving to the Alleghe lake where will stay for the next 2 nights
08/29/18. La Più Bella 96km 2490m
Loop to Allghe Stage
Without doubt putting together Passo Sottoguda with Fedaia and Ronda Sella makes this ride to be one of the most beautiful scenery routes in the world. In total we will connect 4 passes in the Dolomites heart: Sella, Gardena y Camplongo.
08/30/18. La Più Lunga 134km 2825m
Alleghe to Sant Giustina lake stage
It is time to switch valleys, even language but not country, we are still in Itally. In this very long stage we will connect the two lakes; Alleghe and Santa Giustina, to do that, we will need to climb 3 passes, that although not much challenging, our legs will appreciate an afternoon massage due to the length of the route.
San Pellegrino, Costalunga and Mendola.
08/31/18. Il Pirata. 94km 3267m
Tirano to Bormio stage
After a couple of hours car transfer, we will arrive to the Old city of Tirano, where one of the famous Giro the Italia stages will start. After a short warm up through a flat road, we will approach the Mortirolo pass from its most famous side ascent, where Pantani monument is located. Once achieved this challenging tusk we will descent and ride through a “false flat” road to reach Passo Gavia.
We will ascent this pass from the side of its famous tunnel that although now illuminated, still keeps the challenging inclines.
09/01/18. Il mitico senza auto. 98km 3164m
Loop to Bormio Stage
without doubt there is no better ending to this tour than to be able to climb the most mythical climb of all, The STELVIO from both its sides, surrounded by cyclists, is a luxury not easy to find.
This highlight of the tour will be our “Cima Coppi” giving an end to an indelible cycling adventure
09/02/18. Il Ritorno
Transfer to Malpensa Airport , and back home
INCLUDED in the price
- Transfer from Milan Malpensa to the start of the first stage
- Help in Bike Assemble, storage of Bike case during the tour
- Transfer from Bormio to Milan Malpensa airport on the last day.
- Intermediate transfer before the fifth stage.
- 7 nights’ accommodation in double room / half board occupancy in 4* hotel
- Support vans with space for the whole group, suitcases and bicycles.
- Cycling guide, guide in refreshment van and expert mechanic in last van
- Food supplies along the ride, light food (bars, fresh fruit, nuts, cookies, etc.) and larger meal at noon composed of different dishes with carbohydrates and proteins (pasta, rice, salads, bread, etc.)
- Drinks along the ride (Water, Isotonic, Coca cola, juices, coffee, etc.).
- General bicycle spare parts available. Spare wheels, tires, etc.
- First aid kit in each van
- Cycling souvenir jersey
NOT INCLUDED in the price
- Travel to and from Milan
- All that is not included in the Half board in Hotels, like Drinks, extras, Phone calls, Wi-Fi confections when not included, minibar, etc.
- Cyclist in double room: 1690€/person
- Customers that already did one or two tours with TBT: 1590€/person
- Customers that already did three or more tours with TBT: 1490€/person
- Non cyclist companion in double room: 1490€/person
- Single room: consult price and availability
OPTIONAL EXTRAS PER PERSON
- Supplement for single room: consult price and availability
- Carbon Ultegra Bike Rental: 270 €/person
- Carbon Shi105 Bike Rental: 234 €/person
- Van road ride from Barcelona to Malpensa: consult €/person