7 Days / 6 Nights
Average / Day
73 Km – 45 Miles
March to October
Starting in the Mediterranean Sea the route continues trough the famous Penedès, the cava and wine area. Next is the famous climb to Montserrat, which will be difficult for anyone to forget. In the Pyrenees surrounded by dramatic gradients the scenery changes again, and again crossing the volcanic area of La Garrotxa.
Day1. Sitges to Sant Sadurní d’Anoia
48,5 km – 475 m
30 miles – 1.550 feet
The tour starts in Sitges, after a short train ride from Barcelona to avoid traffic. You will leave this fisherman village behind and ride along the Foix dam in a very secondary road.
The Foix has played a significant role as a crossroads of civilisations in the times of the Iberian and Romans. Our little roads run through the famous Penedès vineyards, olive trees and bring us to St. Sadurní d’Anoia, the cradle for wine and cava.
Day 2. Sadurní d’Anoia to Montserrat
54 km – 1.059 m
34 miles – 3.475 feet
In the second day, after an optional visit to Freixenet cava, you will make your way to one of the most emblematic places in Catalonia (Montserrat).
You should keep enough energy for the mythic climb in the last 10km of the route, leading to Montserrat monastery. The natural beauty surrounding the monastery is simply breathtaking.
Day 3. Montserrat to Cardona
99 km – 1.220 m
61 miles – 4.000 feet
From Montserrat you will slide down to Manresa in a long fast decent. This time you will not enter into the city but head towards the monastery of Pinós. Reaching about 900m of altitude, you will capture the immense beauty of this region, overlooking a magnificent panorama that goes to Pyrenees and Collsacabra. The silence and peace of this place never stops surprising its visitors.
Day 4. Cardona to Ripoll
80 km – 1.230 m
49,50 miles – 4.406 feet
Leaving Cardona trough the lush green mountains you will make your way towards the Pyrenees. The scenery is changing now; you are heading towards the mountains.
After a must stop visit to Berga’s city centre and the old quarter, you will continue along the picturesque Dam of Baells, to arrive to Ripoll.
Day 5. Ripoll to Olot
81 km – 1.123 m
50 miles – 3.683 feet
This is the day when you will experience the Pyrenees in its fullest, and understand the meaning of our saying: “Free your bike to Discover”. Riding through the wiggly hidden roads of the Pyrenees you will discover hidden corners such as Beget and Oix, finally arriving to Olot, the capital of La Garrotxa.
Day 6. Olot to Girona
96,50 km – 843 m
54,5 miles – 3.227 feet
Crossing the Natural Volcanic park of la Garrotxa, you will meet the biggest natural lake of Catalonia in Banyoles. The terrain is changing again now, you will move away of the Pyrenees mountains to drop into the flat lands that embrace the city of Girona. With her unique medieval quarter, Girona is the perfect place to celebrate the end of your “MEDIEVAL CATALAN LOOP”
Day 7. Girona to Barcelona
Take the train or be transferred back to Barcelona
INCLUDED in the price
- 6 nights accommodations including breakfast
- Welcome orientation in our shop in Barcelona
- 1 GPS per couple with the daily preloaded route
- Maps and cue sheets to help you follow the tour
- Daily emergency telephone assistance
- Tour souvenir
- All taxes
NOT INCLUDED in the price
- Lunches during the tour
- Dinners during the tour
- Transport from and to Barcelona
- Luggage transfer from Hotel to Hotel + Private transfer on last day from Girona to BCN
- Bike Rental
- Double Occupancy in Mar-Apr-Oct: €/person
- Double Occupancy in May-Jun: €/person
- Double Occupancy in Jul-Ago-Sep: €/person
- Single occupancy (extra person): €/person
OPTIONAL EXTRAS PER PERSON
- 7 days Road Bike Rental – Canyon Aluminum frame + Shimano 105: €/person
- 7 days Road Bike Rental – Canyon Carbon frame + Shimano 105: €/person
- 7 days Road Bike Rental – Canyon Carbon frame + Shimano Ultegra: €/person
OPTIONAL EXTRAS PER GROUP
- Luggage transfer from Hotel to Hotel + Transfer on last day from Girona to Barcelona – Group of 1 to 3 people): €/group
- Luggage transfer from Hotel to Hotel + Transfer on last day from Girona to Barcelona – Group of 4 to 8 people): €/group