4 Days / 3 Nights
Average / Day
78.5 Km – 48.7 Miles
May to October
La Cerdanya, a natural Catalan county of excellence and one Europe’s most extended valleys, with a minimum altitude of about 1000 metres. Our base for this Road cycling stage is Puigcerdà : The largest town in the valley; from the promontory upon which it stands there are dramatic views down across the meadows of the valley floor and up into the craggy peaks of the surrounding Pyrenees. It is a town with many interesting monuments such as the Gothic church of Santo Domingo, from the 15th century; the Gothic bell tower of the bygone church of Santa María; the arcaded main square or Plaza Mayor. Another attraction is its artificial lake which was built in the second half of the 13th century. We will ride through unspoiled secondary roads with spectacular views without any traffic where you can stop at charming typical Pyrenean villages.
73 km – 1380 m
45,4 miles – 4528 feet
You will start the day with a short warm up, a flat ride leading us to The Collada de Toses. You will turn left to start this magnificent ascent of 22 km with gentle slopes until the top at 1790 m. After a brief descent you will still need to face the steepest but much shorter climb of the day, a 6km climb. Returning to the valley of La Cerdanya, you will descend gently back to the hotel.
81 km – 1426 m
50,3 miles – 4678 feet
You will ride in the Capcir, a French region of Cerdanya of an incomparable beauty, narrow roads without traffic and beautiful nature. You will cross the Eyne station to go to the fortified town of Mont Louis, from here you will delve into a deep valley through two beautiful ascents completely isolated and almost unknown. You will enjoy unspoiled nature with the fragrance of the local pine trees.
101 km – 1900 m
62,75 miles – 6234 feet
This is the hardest and longest stage and yet the most beautiful. You will ride through the most secret places of the region on a route full of surprises. You will ride across the Valley of Coborriu, the ski station of the merits of the cap of the Rec with an important climb. After a long descent you will cross to the other side of the valley near the mountain chain of the Cadí, which will accompany you for the rest of the day.
51 km – 410 m
31,7 miles – 1345 feet
You will start and arrive at Puigcerda on a short ride on your departure day. Smooth tour through the Valley, you will cross the southern part of France and its typical villages like Sallagoise, Err, Osseja, Palau of Cerdagne through secondary roads and ample meadows. This stage is full of rolling hills the difficulty is in some of the typical steep ascents of the area.
INCLUDED in the price
- 3 nights accommodations including breakfast
- Welcome orientation in our shop in Barcelona
- 1 GPS per couple with the daily preloaded route
- Maps and cue sheets to help you follow the tour
- Daily telephone assistance
- Tour souvenir
- All taxes
NOT INCLUDED in the price
- Lunches during the tour
- Dinners during the tour
- Transport from and to Barcelona
- Private transfer to Puigcerdà
- Bike Rental
- Double Occupancy 15 May to 15 Oct: 445 €/person
- Single Supplement: 115 €/person
OPTIONAL EXTRAS PER PERSON
- 4 days Road Bike Rental – Canyon Alum frame + Shimano 105: 100 €/person
- 4 days Road Bike Rental – Canyon Carbon frame + Shimano 105: 116 €/person
- 4 days Road Bike Rental – Canyon Carbon frame + Shimano Ultegra: 132 €/person
OPTIONAL EXTRAS PER GROUP
- Private transfer (includes Bike) from Barcelona to Puigcerdà (2 people): 160 €/group
- Private transfer (includes Bike) from Puigcerdà to Barcelona (2 people): 160 €/group